Join us for an exciting marine mammal wildlife trip along the San Francisco Bay and the Northern California Coastline. See views of the Golden Gate Bridge, whales, porpoise, and more.
- Adult Ages 15-59
- Child Ages 3-15
- Student College Students ww ID
- Senior Ages 60 & Up
- Military Active & Veterans w/ ID
- Infant Children 2 & Under
See Gray Whales in San Francisco
Gray whales have the longest known migration of any mammal. They travel 10,000-12,000 miles round-trip every year between their winter calving lagoons in the warm waters of Mexico and their summer feeding grounds in the cold Arctic seas.
In the last couple of years, we have also had gray whales enter the San Francisco Bay to feed on the plentiful anchovy. Each tour will depart Pier 39 in search of whales and wildlife. The route of the tour will depend on the location of the wildlife on any given day. Some tours may explore the SF Bay while others may venture further offshore for a more extensive search.
- Gray whale sightings (December-March)
- Porpoises, seals, sea lions and abundant sea bird colonies
- Views of the Golden Gate Bridge, waterfalls and gorgeous shorelines, Angel Island, Fort Cronkite, Muir Beach, Stinson Beach, Bolinas, Double Point, the Point Reyes National Seashore and Lighthouse
What to Bring
- Warm, waterproof clothing
- (T-shirt, sweatshirt, winter coat, long pants, warm socks, and waterproof shoes if possible)
- Hats and gloves
- Food and beverages of choice with plenty of water
We highly recommend taking a preventative for seasickness such as Dramamine, Bonine, ginger candies, ginger ale, and saltine crackers. For those prone to seasickness, you may want to consult with your physician for stronger medication option.
Food and beverages are not included on this cruise. Please feel free to bring your own food and beverages with you! Keep in mind that beer and wine are allowed on board, but hard alcohol is not.